Settlement Geography Syllabus, Study Material, PYQ’S, MCQ’S, Mock Test
Here in this post you will get Settlement Geography syllabus, Settlement Geography study material, Settlement Geography previous years questions (PYQ’S), Settlement Geography multiple choice questions (MCQ’S), also Settlement Geography mock test
- Rural Settlements (types, patterns and distribution),
- Contemporary Problems of Rural Settlements ( rural-urban migration; land use changes; land acquisition and transactions),
- Theories of Origin of Towns (Gordon Childe, Henri Pirenne, Lewis Mumford),
- Characteristics and Processes of Urbanization in Developed and Developing Countries (factors of urban growth, trends of urbanisation, size, structure and functions of urban areas).
- Urban Systems ( the law of the primate city and rank size rule)
- Central Place Theories (Christaller and Losch),
- Internal Structure of the City,
- Models of Urban Land Use (Burgess, Harris and Ullman , and Hoyt),
- Concepts of Megacities,
- Global Cities and Edge Cities,
- Changing Urban Forms (peri-urban areas, rural-urban fringe, suburban , ring and satellite towns),
- Social Segregation in the City,
- Urban Social Area Analysis,
- Manifestation of Poverty in the City (slums, informal sector growth, crime and social exclusion).
Previous Years Questions (PYQ’S):
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’S) :
1. Settlement Geography Important Questions | Part 1 (1-25)
Note: Post is not complete, will be uploaded and updated time to time.